Collector and District Election Officer is the control officer of all the elections in the district.
Generally, the Collector is appointed as the election officer for managing the Lok Sabha elections, and the deputy collector is appointed to assist the Collector.
For the management of the assembly elections, the Collector has all the control powers as a district election officer and Deputy Collector and sub-divisional officers are appointed as election officers of each constituency.
- Issuance of Photo-identity cards to voters.
- Corrections pertaining to Identity cards.
- Making of duplicate photo I.D cards.
- Issuance of attested copies of Electoral Rolls on demand to public.
- Maintain the record regarding elections.
- Responsible for the up-keep and maintenance of Ballot Boxes, Electronic voting machines, steel trunks and previous record of Electoral Rolls.
- To efficiently conduct the election to the Assembly Constituency of which he is the Returning Officer.
- To accept and scrutinize the nomination forms of the candidates.
- To allot the election symbols to the contesting candidates.
- To publish the notice regarding the election.
- To prepare a list of contesting candidates.
- Printing of ballot papers and to forward the postal ballots to the service electors.
- Deputing the polling officers to the polling booths with the election materials.
- To supervise the functions of the polling officers in his Assembly Constituency on the day of poll and forward the necessary report to the Election Commission of India and the Chief Electoral Officer.
- To get the polling completed during the election in a fair and just manner and as per the statutory provisions.
District Election Officer(DEO)
Office of The Collector & District Magistrate,